As part of our congregation’s mission we lead tours to Israel often. Our next tour is just a little over a year away…
FEBRUARY 23 to MARCH 6, 2021
There are many tours that are tourist-type tours. They are designed to show you the places but lack the real spiritual depth that makes the tour lifechanging. Our tour is a Bible study tour. At each location we have a time of Bible teaching. The purpose is to make this a spiritual journey you will never forget.
Our guide is Moshe Loewnethal with Beit Haverim tour company (“House of Friends”). He loves our Lord and he exudes joy and encouragement. Moshe makes the tour extra fun and meaningful.
We have experience in leading these tours and have found what provides the most impact. The hotels are comfortable, and the food is wonderful. Included in the tour price is roundtrip airfare from Indianapolis, accommodation in 4-star hotels (5 Nights in Tiberias; 5 nights in Jerusalem), buffet breakfasts and dinners, admission fees, tour guide, driver, bus and gratuities.
HERE ARE SIX REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD TOUR ISRAEL:
- IT IS WHERE THE BIBLE HAPPENED. Sometimes we read the Bible without realizing we are ignoring the places that are mentioned. Virtually every page in the Bible speaks of some place (location). That is because the Bible happened in a real place with real people in real time. You need to see these places!
- CONNECTING THE PLACE WITH THE BIBLE STORY BRINGS NEW INSIGHT INTO THE MEANING. In many instances, the places of the Bible have direct implications for the meaning of what is being taught. For example, at Caesarea Philippi when Jesus said to Peter, “upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it” (Matt. 16:18) Jesus was standing in front of a massive stone cliff where the Temple of Pan protruded out of the stone wall. Because of its pagan worship, this place was often called “the gates of hell.” Now read again what Jesus said to Peter.
- IT TAKES YOUR SPIRITUAL LIFE TO A HIGHER LEVEL. As a pastor I have attended or led many retreats, and other events designed to provide Christians with increased spiritual temperature. I found many of these to be successful initially providing a “mountain top experience” only to find myself back down to where I was within a few days.
Not so with tours to Israel. I have watched the power of walking where Jesus walked ignite a spiritual passion in myself and others that does not diminish over time. This is one of the great benefits of touring the land of the Bible. And I would like for you to experience this for yourself.
- BLESSING ISRAEL IS AN AVENUE TO GOD’S BLESSING IN YOUR LIFE. The Lord told Abraham, “I will bless those who bless you…and through you all the families of the earth will be blessed” (Gen. 12:3). We have three specific goals in leading tours to Israel:
a. That Christians would fall more deeply in love with God as the Bible comes alive when they “walk where Jesus walked.”
b. That Christians would love the land of Israel and connect the places of the Bible with the actual places in Israel.
c. That Christians would love the people of Israel.
When we bless Israel through accomplishing these goals, I am convinced that it brings the blessing of God to our own lives.
- YOU’RE GOING TO BE THERE DURING KING JESUS’ EARTHLY REIGN SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL GET ACQUAINTED WITH ISRAEL NOW. It is my firm belief that one day Jesus will rule the world from Jerusalem. There is no downside to getting to know the “lay of the land” before He returns.
- YOU WILL MEET AMAZING PEOPLE. I am excited for you to meet our friends in Israel like Moshe and Batel and many others. Plus the people you meet on the tour often become lifelong friends. There is something about having this shared experience that draws people together.
SUGGESTED STEPS IN CONSIDERING COMING TO ISRAEL WITH US:
- DOWNLOAD OUR FREE TOUR BOOKLET. See the places we plan to visit and the Scriptures that relate.
- PRAY ABOUT GOING TO ISRAEL WITH US. Here is how I would encourage you to pray about this:
“Father, I would love to go to Israel and tour the land of the Bible. In fact, I am committing myself to go, but there are obstacles that I’m asking you to remove if this is your will. (Now list the obstacles). If you desire for me to go, please remove or solve these issues. I will continue to pray and watch as you work out the details. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.”
(NOTE: By the way, this is a great way to pray about other things as well.)
- BEGIN SAVING FOR YOUR TRIP. We don’t have a final cost for the tour, but it will be in the range of $3,900 per person double occupancy. If you begin saving, but then don’t wind up going, there is really no downside.
- GET MORE INFORMATION. If you are interested in more information about this tour, message me and I’ll get you the details. We expect this to be a full tour like last time, so our space is limited. A deposit of $500 per person will hold your place (fully refundable up to 90 days before we travel).
I hope you will consider joining us for this tour. I’m convinced it will change your life.
Onward to Jerusalem,