He is risen!! It is such a joy to be able to worship the Lord on this Resurrection Sunday. I was thinking about what I experience because the Jesus died for me and rose from the dead on that first Easter morning.
Here are 7 things that I experience because my Savior is risen:
- JOY THAT IS INEXPRESSIBLE—You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. (1 Peter 1:8).
- PEACE THAT IS UNEXPLAINABLE—And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7).
- PERFECT LOVE THAT ELIMINATES FEAR–Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love. (1 John4:18).
- COMFORT THAT HELPS IN TROUBLE—”All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort.He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others” (2 Corinthians 1:3–4a).
- FAMILY THAT MEANS I BELONG—”See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are!” (1 John 3:1).
- HOPE THAT NEVER DISAPPOINTS—“And this hope will not lead to disappointment…just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future” (Romans 5:5; Ephesians 4:4).
- ETERNAL LIFE THAT DELIVERS ME FROM ETERNAL DEATH—”For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans6:23).
HOW TO BE SURE YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
Let me share how you can be sure you have Eternal Life… There’s one verse in the Bible that is particularly clear in describing how we can have Eternal Life. It is Romans chapter 6, verse 23, which says, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
What this tells us is that people are separated from God because of sin. It is as if we were on one side, and God was on the other side of a great canyon. What separates us from God is our sin. People have tried many ways to bridge the gap between themselves and God. They have tried good deeds, philosophy, even religion, but all of our efforts to bridge the gap fall short.
The Bible says that what we have earned (“wages”) for being a sinner (“sin”) is death (“death”). Death means more than just physical death—it means separation from God.
But this verse goes on to say that a gift (“gift”) has been provided by God (“God”), and this gift is eternal life (“eternal life”). On one side of the canyon we have wages and sin and death. And on the other side of the canyon we have gift and God and eternal life.
- On which side of the canyon would you like to be?
This is where the Bridge comes in. Jesus Christ is the Bridge that God provided to give us the gift of eternal life. Through Jesus and His death on the cross to pay for our sins, we can cross over the canyon, and no longer be separated from God.
God provided the gift of eternal life in Jesus Christ. In order to cross over to God’s side of the canyon, we must go through Him. He is the Bridge!
To cross over a canyon on a bridge, you would have to trust the bridge to hold you. In the same way, in order to cross over to God, you must trust that Jesus Christ will be able to provide the way to eternal life.
- Does eternal life in relationship with God sound like something you would like to experience for yourself?
We believe that there are people here today who have hungry hearts. All your life you’ve been searching for peace and joy, happiness, forgiveness. I want to tell you, before this Easter day is over, you can find everything that you have been searching for, in Christ. He can bring that inward, deepest peace to your soul. He can forgive every sin you’ve ever committed.
If you would like this gift of God for Eternal Life, you can pray and tell God you are willing to believe in Jesus Christ and cross the bridge to Eternal Life…
“Dear God: I know I am a sinner. My sin has separated me from You. I believe Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead to provide the Bridge to eternal life. I ask you to forgive my sins. Take control of my life and make me the person You want me to be. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.”
May God pour out His best blessings on you this beautiful Resurrection Sunday!!